About This Project
Living Room Window Treatments
Before you select any living room window treatments, consider how you use your living room. A few questions to ask include:
- Do you want to entertain a lot of guests there?
- Do you host formal dinner parties?
- Is your living room a place where you watch TV?
- Is energy efficiency, light control or privacy a major concern?
Whatever your needs are, you can find window shades and blinds that will be both elegant and functional while meeting them. Here are some window treatment options and their benefits in the living room:
- Cellular shades: When you need energy efficiency, you’ll find that cellular shades offer extra window insulation.
- Roman shades: They add a soft and elegant touch to the living room.
- Designer screen shades: Use these shades when you need UV protection. They help preserve furniture and prevent artwork from fading.
- Wood blinds: Hardwood blinds give a warm and cozy feel, and you can customize them with a variety of finishes.
Last Updated: September 16th, 2019