How to Plan for Window Treatments During New Construction
If you’re building a new home, you’re likely eager to make your new living space uniquely yours. You can customize many features of your new construction home. As you look through all your paint swatches and narrow down your new appliance options, you can also start considering window treatments. Before construction is complete, new window treatments can begin the installation process and be ready by the time you move in.
Window treatments are an important part of your home. They can transform a room, and you can customize elements to make them match your home’s style. Planning for window treatments during your new home construction can ensure you achieve the window aesthetic you desire.
Benefits of Choosing Window Treatments for New Construction Home
The best time to plan for new window treatments installation is during the construction and planning process, as opposed to afterward. Scheduling an in-house installer to work on the motorized window treatments you want before builders finish putting up your walls can produce better-looking windows. It’s helpful to know the benefits of installing window treatments, like motorized blinds and shades, during construction:
- Preparing for motorized window treatments: If you want motorized window treatments in your home, the best time to install them is before the walls are up. It is easier for installers to conceal wires and other mechanical elements in the walls before they are complete. Motorized window treatments can save energy, are simple to operate, provide protection for your interior and furniture, and can improve safety within your home.
- Improving energy efficiency: Installing new window treatments can boost your home’s energy efficiency. Building an energy-efficient home is a significant benefit because you can spend less money on other utilities to keep your home running. UV-protecting shades, darkening curtains and motorized window treatments can help increase the energy efficiency in your home.
- Increasing home privacy: It’s great to show off your new windows, but it may be uncomfortable if others are staring right into them and peeking around your home. Privacy is a big factor when it comes to windows. Adding window treatments before you move into your space gives you the privacy you deserve.
- Influencing other design features: Window treatments can add dimension and style to your space. You can further cultivate the design of your home by planning window treatments. Adding window treatments during construction can help influence other design elements of your home to create a cohesive overall look.
Window Treatment Options
You can customize window treatments to fit your vision. Adding your personal touch to window treatments can make your home stand out. The following are window treatment options you can add to your space:
- Shades: There are a variety of shades for new construction that you can choose from. Horizontal and vertical shades help block the inside of your space from light and add a layer of privacy for you and your family. Choose from different fabrics, styles and light protection shades to match the design of your home.
- Blinds: Blinds are a popular choice for window treatments to install in homes. Adjustable vertical or horizontal blinds for new construction allow for light control and privacy. You can choose from wooden blinds or aluminum blinds to fit the style of your home.
- Drapes and curtains: Custom curtains and drapes can add beauty to your home’s interior. When you can personalize your curtains, you have endless options to choose from when it comes to colors, design and patterns.
- Shutters: Installing custom shutters that fit your windows and are durable can benefit your home. Shutters contribute to privacy and light control in your home.
When to Buy Window Treatments for a New Construction Home
The best time to plan for motorized window treatments for your home is during the construction process. Before you close up the walls, in-home installers are able to complete the motorized window treatment wiring, so you don’t have visible wires in your home.
You can plan to incorporate inside mounts for window treatments during the home building process. Windows with inside mounts give a built-in look for your blinds or shades. People choose to have inside mounts for many reasons. They’re great for smaller spaces in your home because you don’t have to take up as much wall space. They also offer a clean and modern look and show off architectural designs in your home. If you have nice detailing that you don’t want to cover up with blinds or shades, having an inside mount will help showcase those details.
Other Aspects to Consider for Window Treatments
When you’re looking to start adding window treatments during the construction process, also consider:
- Style: Professional installers can help develop window treatments to match your vision for your home. Think about your goals for your windows and the colors, look and design you want. You can also share the sizes of your windows to determine what window treatments would be best for them. You may need different styles of drapes and curtains for floor-to-ceiling windows and smaller kitchen windows.
- Saving money and energy: Energy-saving window treatments are helpful for your home and your wallet. Consider how your window treatments can help maximize your home’s energy efficiency to decrease your energy bills as soon as you move in.
- Family and pet safety: Eliminating string and cord systems from your window treatments can increase safety for young family members and pets. Having a professional customize your blinds and shades can ensure proper installation.
Choose Allure Window Treatments for Your New Construction Window Treatments
If you’re interested in having a professional install window treatments in your home, contact Allure Window Treatments. We provide reliable window treatment services, and our team can offer guidance throughout the whole process. Our designers can help you select custom window treatment designs that will fit the style of your new home.
If an electrician is unable to install wiring for motorized blinds or shades, we can complete the installation ourselves. Request your free in-home window treatment consultation today to start your design process.
Shani is the Marketing Director of Allure Window Treatments. She has over a decade of experience in the home improvement and window treatments industry.